Hello, Christopher.

If this is the same problem I had (and discussed prior on this list),
there is a bug in light-locker that seems to cause this behavior
randomly even without hibernation.  Consider switching from light-locker
to xscreensaver; this resolved the problem for me.

Thing is, I never ever have any problem if I lock the screen but do not suspend, though. Anyhow, how do I get xfce to use xscreensaver as locking when suspending?

See also: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=913062

Killing light-locker gets me absolutely nowhere when it happens, I had already tried it :(

Andrea.