Reco wrote:
> This rule is wrong, assuming that you're trying to prevent your browser
> to connect to 1.2.3.4:
>
> -A ufw-user-output -s 1.2.3.4/32 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
>
> "-s" means "source", and it'll only work if you have ip 1.2.3.4.

  i don't have 1.2.3.4 and i have no idea how 1.2.3.4 is getting
involved, it isn't a cloud service or hosting site just some
completely unrelated site and i have no idea why it is being
dragged into any of this unless there is some infection or
redirection going on which i have no knowledge.  i know i didn't
put it in there, so it is either produced by the website
generator code, some other library involved or the hosting
service.  i can't find it in any of the code i have so i don't
think i'm doing this specifically, but i don't know how to
narrow it down either.

> What you should use is:
>
> -A ufw-user-output -d 1.2.3.4/32 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
>
> "-d" means destination.

  i'd be ok with just dropping it all.

> I don't use ufw, so I cannot comment on how to specify "source" and
> "destination" there.

  ok, thanks for commenting.  not sure what i'll do yet.

  songbird