On 5/29/20 11:21, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 29 May 2020 13:00:58 David Wright wrote:

(Omitted material)

>> David.
>
> Obviously then you have never "reset" firefox.  That makes it a brand new
> install, clearing ALL your passwds and logins and restoring ALL its
> defaults. I still do not have full access to my bank although online
> purchases are working. It did NOT warn me of that 'side' effect.  So
> yes, I'm pi$$ed, I've had to do new passwd resets at all the places I do
> business with. And while chromium has remembered a few of the renewed
> ones, it is not saving them all. And I've yet to decipher why.  So I
> need to pull down a whole slew of post-it notes and put up new ones.

I would expect you could find, under ~/.mozilla.firefox, the second most
recent (random-string).default configuration directory (mine is
gosylbn0.default). If not, it should be recoverable from backups that
from following this list I believe you have.

Mozilla support lists might provide a better or more "authorized" way,
but I suspect the reset FF would restart if the line in
~/.mozilla/firefox/profiles.ini that specifies the Default profile were
changed to specify the older profile. And I suspect your missing
passwords and maybe some other things, would then be available.

I think I actually have done that, but it would be a long time back and
I do not remember why.

Regards,
Tom Dial