> Like you, I have been using CLI options to the ssh command to adjust the
> necessary algorithms if I need something "insecure".

You should be able to set that option for a specific (set of) hosts in
.ssh/config so you don't have to repeat it on the CLI every time.

> My thought is that once that no longer serves the purpose, I would
> setup a VM, container,

I think the first reaction should be to report it as a bug, so that the
old cipher is re-added.  I think the same argument in favor of including
the "none" cipher should apply to including old deprecated ciphers.

        Stefan