Ian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, as I have said before, we should use straight per-candidate
> approval voting.
[...]
> and if more people vote `yes' for Alice than vote `no' for Alice then
> Alice is appointed - regardless of any votes for or against Bob,
> Carol, etc.

Isn't that always going to result in an unrepresentative committee?
It looks even more like blackballing than the SPI method.  A majority
could prevent any minority representatives being elected if they wish,
which leads to having only poodles from minorities.  Yuck.

Should team size be determined in advance?  I think so.

There is the oft-mentioned optimal team size of about seven
active members.  http://www.qsm.com/process_01.html
http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article.cfm?articleid=1501

How many more than seven would we need, to expect seven to be active?

Regards,
--
MJR/slef