2009/3/22 Josselin Mouette <j...@debian.org>

> And should anyone appreciate the fact that FTP masters are wasting
> valuable developer time and putting pressure on people to the point they
> resign from maintaining critical packages?

If that pressure stems from a concern that without proper license
information, Debian users/developers/etc could face legal action, then I,
for one, as a Debian user, appreciate it.

Perhaps, if maintaining the license information is something that some
package maintainers are not enjoying, those package maintainers should seek
partnerships with people who would take more pleasure in maintaining the
packages' license information. Just a thought.

I admit I haven't been following this debate very closely, however, so if
I've got the wrong end of the stick, please understand.

Anyhow, let's not throw the baby (the legal right to use Debian software)
out with the bathwater (a perhaps non-optimally managed legal requirement to
maintain package licenses).