On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:37:35AM +0100, Arno Töll wrote:
> Thus, the sheer number of DMs is not a really a resilient number per se,
> although I agree that the DM status itself is a good procedure.

FWIW, a more relevant number is the number of packages in the archive
"maintained by DMs," see [1] for the actual number and a more precise
definition. No matter whether DMs are "transient" or not, all those
packages are packages that currently have a lower barrier for day-to-day
maintenance activities by interested people than they would have without
DM. (No judgement implied in this sentence, just another, IMHO more
relevant, data point.)

Cheers.

[1]: http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=746
--