Hi folks.
A few weeks ago I indicated strong interest in helping drive the term
limits proposal.
I no longer feel comfortable doing that, and also have found something
else that is taking up my Debian energy.

As a result of that message and some other discussions I gained a much
better understanding of how a lot of people I care about in the project
were hurting.  I've tried to lend my support to helping with that and to
thinking about how we might be able to work together in the future.

I care more about that work than the term limits proposal.

Also, I see areas where being a strong advocate for the term limits
proposal might conflict with other work I'm doing.  I can see some
situations where it might make my compassion and respect work harder.

I'm also considering whether I want to throw my name in the hat to be
considered as a TC member.
I think that getting heavily involved in the term limits discussion
might be an entanglement if I decide to do that.

So, I'm going to respectfully step away from my commitment to be
involved in that process.
I'll offer a couple of suggestions like I did in my most recent message.
I will also likely second a proposal because I do believe this is an
important issue.

--Sam