Mehdi, there's a question stemming out of context below…

also sprach Chris Lamb <la...@debian.org> [2017-03-17 18:33 +0100]:
> yet the general perception IME is that it's "GNOME Outreachy",
> showing how being the title/original sponsor is extremely powerful
> and, perhaps, worth a slight overlap of efforts.

The canonical website for mentors and students is also
https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/ …

I am not writing this to back up Chris' point. I've only caught
a glimpse of what outreach work entails, and I'd be really careful
just forking that. Instead, I'd hope to see us (a) embracing
outreach more throughout the project (not just making a sub-project
for it), and (b) then working with Outreachy to ensure that our
cooperation reaches the level of flexibility required for Debian.

Relating to this, I have a few questions, and if Mehdi is reading
along, I'd love to hear his thoughts too:

  - What does "outreach" mean to you?

  - Let's not ask "why is it important", but rather: what potentials
    are there for Debian in furthering outreach initiatives?

  - Can you identify areas in Debian where we're already doing
    a good job?

  - What are the obstacles that keep us in other areas?

  - What do you think are the low-hanging fruits regarding outreach?

  - What are some concrete steps you'd like to see happen ASAP?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"one should never do anything that