On Sun, Apr 09, 2017 at 11:35:06AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 08, 2017 at 07:34:34PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > We're currently in the voting period, the discussion/campaigning
> > period is over. Can I please ask everybody to stop talking about
> > things related to the DPL election on this list.
>
> I'm not sure I understand why. Since when it is _forbidden_ to discuss
> outside the campaign period?

It was always my understanding that this was the case, and as far
as I know people have always stopped discussing after the
campaigning was over.

There are people who already voted and who are not subscribed to
this list. They might have read the archive up to the day they
voted.

I also want to compare this to other elections. As far as I know,
as long as voting booths are open there are no interviews with
politicians, they don't make things like exit polls available and
so on. They only get to persuade people before the booths open.

If people feel that we don't need to do so, please feel free to
discuss that here.

Kurt