Hi all,

One thing that Debian has historically been good at, is to produce ports
for various architectures. However, we're not the most widely ported;
Gentoo, for instance, has been ported to Interix and macOS[1].  NetBSD
has a few ports that we do not have, and its pkgsrc is available for a
large amount of other operating systems beyond NetBSD itself, including
macOS, HPUX, IRIX, AIX, QNX, and Solaris[2].

Should we try to catch up with these other systems in terms of ports?
Specifically today, should we try to make Debian usable on any of the
operating system kernels that I quoted above?

Thanks,

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentoo/Alt#Gentoo_Prefix
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pkgsrc

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard