On 15367 March 1977, Mathias Behrle wrote:

*Usually* they do not do that during running elections, just short before
they start, so you may be out of luck.
If so then I think there is a clear gap in the procedures.

That may be, though they are like this for a long time now.

- What about DDs being approved just during the voting period? They should
  clearly be able to vote.

It has always been avoided to add new DDs during voting period to avoid
accusations of "rig a vote by letting the right people join at that
moment".

- What about DDs losing their right during the voting period? Should their
  ballots be valid?

That also hasn't happened that I can remember.

To cover cases like mine it would probably be good practice to update the
keyring at least shortly before the end of the voting period. Of course I
understand very well that the workload on the keyring maintainers should
be kept at a reasonable size.

I can see value in both ways, but I keep myself out of this. Not for me
to say, I just reported on the current state as I know it.

--
bye, Joerg