Hi,

On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 19:34:03 +0000
"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amaca...@einval.com> wrote:
> We've had the Code of Conduct for about eight years now and the Community Team
> for about as long. There are still significant differences about how some
> people feel about them, despite the Code of Conduct having been adopted by
> the
> Project as a whole.
>
> How do _you_ feel about the Code of Conduct - and the role of a Community
> Team?

 Well, we have the CoC, but all we do not read and think about it repeatedly,
 contrast to DFSG and Social Contract because the CoC itself is a kind of
 "common sense", IMHO.

 CoC itself is good, however, we've just created it - have the form but not
 the spirit (in Japanese "仏作って魂を入れず"). If we want to use it effectively,
 we should do some training during the onboarding process (and it's better to
 do it for existing members in each several years). We need more communication
 about it with our contributors.

 We need a Community Team to deal with some troubles for the project, and
 they do hard work (thank you), but I need more transparency about what they
 are doing (and did). Maybe it would be a sensitive and difficult thing but
 it's a necessary thing.

> More widely: where something is adopted by the Project but opposition remains
> -
> how would you deal with differences of opinion and attempt to reconcile
> different viewpoints to consensus?

 That is like a law - our parliament adopts something, but opposition remains ;)
 And we are an all different people and have a unique opinion, sometimes
 conflict with each other. Yes, there is a "gap," so all we apparently should
 recognize it. Currently, it's not (to me, at least).

 And if someone would do some violation to CoC, just banning is not healing.
 Asking them to go for counseling by professionals with project money is better,
 IMO. We are good at coding, writing, making some systems - but not counselors.
 After dealing with some cognitive trouble, then re-start talking.

 Maybe before and during their duties, the community team members would be
better
 to get counseling since dealing with such trouble make them sick (or something
 wrong feelings), IMHO.

 To summarize:
 - Make the situation clear: what's wrong, and what it should be.
 - Train ourselves: to think about what is CoC and why we need it
 - We don't have to do all the work by only ourselves.
   Ask the professionals that we are not good at (of course I'll do so :)

--
Hideki Yamane <henr...@iijmio-mail.jp>