On 1/6/2020 1:16 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Andreas Beckmann, le lun. 06 janv. 2020 00:42:00 +0100, a ecrit:
>> gb bppphyview . ANY
>> gb datovka . ANY
>
> Ran so.
>
>> Please give back all failed binNMU builds of datovka and bppphyview,
>> these have been transient failures. Also include hurd-i386 which is in
>> 'Failed' state and could not be handled by self-served give-backs.
>
> Ah, gb doesn't giveback those indeed.
>
> That's very unfortunate, since I use the Failed state to document what I
> believe is the build issue (I have keyboard shortcuts that makes it easy
> for me to find out quickly).

I have a hard time parsing what you want the state to be (and didn't we
have this discussion before?). The syntax for gb is to add ". -o" at the
end to override "Failed" - this had always been true.

I'm not sure what the best way forward here would be. Technically a
give-back discards some information here, but at the same time Hurd is
probably the main consumer of "Failed" at this point. One could say "if
there's a previous failed reason for the same version, put it into
Failed again", but then it might actually be inaccurate. If you want
"Failed" to be a valid state for *self-service* givebacks to work, let
me know.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern