[ For people on debian-www, we're speaking of http://wiki.debian.org/Teams ]

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:
> One problem I see with "Usual roles" with names in, is that it is
> another page to keep in sync with
> http://www.debian.org/intro/organization and

I know that there's some duplication. But until this page is easy to edit
by the various teams themselves, this page will regularly have outdated
content.

It's quite possible that we should shrink /intro/organization to list only
constitutional roles and that the wiki should be the reference for the
rest where each team can manage its own page.

BTW, the list for "Alioth administration" is wrong in the website. Wichert
Akkerman has left and we recruited Stephen Gran.

> http://alioth.debian.org/projects/theparticularteam, with all the
> potential problems, disagreements and frustrations that it means, and
> also the risk of having just another outdated page which suggest that a
> team is full of members while it has shrunk compared to the past
> year(s).

The wiki has less chance of being outdated than the website. So I'd rather
have this particular content there and have the website link there. I know
that the wiki can't be translated currently but this is content for
contributors and they have to contribute in english anyway.

Anyway, this is for later, once the wiki is a somewhat complete
replacement for that page. Right now, it's far from that.

> Maybe describing the roles to fit in without names would help to promote
> redundancy, which in the context of organisations with a high turnover
> is one of the ways to secure the future?

No. I want something that matches reality of day-to-day work. Not yet
another theoretical description of how we should probably do things.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog