Some of you guys feel it's OK just because you designed or approved
it, but it still looks dirty - as an oil splash or something. We might
argue whether it's appropriate for some geeks to rant over a minor
graphical change on the Debian site, but we could also argue why such an
uninspired change popped up on a major distro's main page.

 Please
don't play with the Debian logo like that. After so many years of
service it deserves (actually Debian users) something better. If you
want something new and fresh have a contest, get Debian users to vote
for top 10 and then the Debian board can make the final choice from
those. Has anyone actually run a survey about it that you guys
know/think most folks prefer the splats?