Package: www.debian.org
Severity: normal

Hi,

Previous, in
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20170806213642.ga17...@beskar.mdcc.cx :

On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 11:06:54PM +0200, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 06, 2017 at 11:36:42PM +0200, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 06:38:51PM +0200, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> > > On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 01:06:40PM +0200, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
<snip>
> > <snip>
> > The BoF was not video-d
<snip>
> > Here's the "slides", and, more importantly, some notes/conclusions reached.
> >
> >           Debian Documentation BoF
> >                     by
> >         you and Joost van Baal-Ilić
<snip>
> >       DebConf17, Montréal, august 2017
<snip>
> > Notes taken during the discussion
> > - faq should not be typesetted at webserver; website should use .deb of faq
<snip>

The Debian GNU/Linux FAQ, as publised at
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ , is one of the very few of our
documents which gets fetched from VC and build/typesetted by the webserver;
most other documents use the content as shipped by the document's .deb
packages.  The latter scheme is better since it saves resource usage on our
webserver.  We loose frequent updates of the web-published content.  However,
the source content of our documents is no longer updated very frequently
anyway, so I feel we're ready for using the .deb.

I plan to fix this bug myself.  Note to self: hack on
ssh://git.debian.org/git/debwww/cron.git (Thanks Osamu Aoki.)

Bye,

Joost