Le jeudi 23 avril 2020 à 14:36:55+0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue a écrit :
> Le mardi 21 avril 2020 à 15:24:02+0200, Enrico Zini a écrit :
> > [Readding Pierre-Elliott to the recipient list, overquoting for context]
>
> Yep, I'm not on da-manager@ as I'm no DAM, and I'm not on nm@d.o either,
> so please keep me in Cc. :)
>
> > On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 11:05:46PM +0200, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all
> > >
> > > Note: this is my personal opinion, not a consensus reply from the team.
> > > Also, maybe other things come to mind later, but now that I'm in front
> > > of the computer, I prefer to reply than leaving it for a later that can
> > > be too late. Any other feedback is welcome!

> > > Probably in another thread (or maybe in an IRC chat some day you like),
> > > but I really appreciate more details about what could we do to make
> > > website sections easier to maintain (so we help other teams in similar
> > > situations).
> > >
> > > For now, we try with:
> > > * We're in git (but still carrying the bad fame from CVS times?)
> > > * Maintainers only need to care about the /english folder, translators
> > > will care about the rest
> > > * Technically it's wml+perl but in fact it's mostly very basic HTML
> > > * The team accepts contributions via almost any channel (bts, salsa,
> > > mailing list...) and we're happy to provide commit permissions to
> > > whoever wants to maintain pages...
> > > * Questions/comments/ask for help in our IRC channel/mailing list are
> > > usually replied quickly.
> > >
> > > You say later that you would like to keep some parts (even if minimal)
> > > on the website so if we can help in any way, just tell.
> >
> > Good point, and I really appreciate the recent changes, to the point
> > that I now feel comfortable attempting submitting patches!
> >
> > The thing I personally still find hard is to test my patches before
> > sending them. So far I edited blind, hoping not to embarass myself and
> > waste your time mistyping html tags and similar things.
>
> Maybe the way I phrased the thing in my original email is not the best.
> What I meant is that there is a (legitimate) process to follow that
> isn't really relevant to maintain the documentation about how one can
> technically join the project and what are the steps.
>
> For the parts DAM intend to keep on the site, like who gets to decide
> who becomes developer, and how one leaves/loses his status, this is
> clearly a good idea to still have on the website!

> > > Sorry, this point I didn't understand.
>
> Well, for someone trying to join and currently in the NM process, it's
> harder to submit a patch to www team, patch that would have to
> potentially be reviewed by the NM people, than to edit a wiki page.

> > [...]
> > >
> > > I'll try to have a look at the wiki pages and compare with the current
> > > website pages.
> > >
> > > The worse part of moving the stuff to the wiki would be to lose the
> > > translations, probably. Maybe most of the content would be rewritten in
> > >  and we would lose them anyway, but AFAIK there are more teams working
> [...]

Dear WWW team,

I'm trying to resurect this mail I sent and the proposal of changes on
the Debian website.

Enrico, WWW team, would you agree to review and comment a patch I'd
offer for the pages we'd like to see changed?

Cheers!

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2