Hi Hans,

El 5/1/21 a las 13:13, Hans Fredrik Nordhaug escribió:
> Hi!
>
> The header image - https://www.debian.org/Pics/futureprototype.png -
> contains the text string "The universal operating system" which isn't
> translated.
>
> On the desktop it doesn't matter that much since the image is small
> compared to the "THE COMMUNITY" and the "THE OPERATING SYSTEM"
> headings. However, on mobile the image is quite prominent. It doesn't
> look good when everything else is translated,
>
> Do we have any plans to fix this? Either by making language specific
> images or removing the text from the image and then adding the text
> over the image?

Thanks for caring!

We talked about this some days ago. I was proposing translators
providing customised png images (translating the corresponding SVG):

https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2020/12/msg00085.html

Victory proposed a better solution I think:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2020/12/msg00086.html

Unfortunately I couldn't find time yet to try and test it (different
browsers, screen sizes, languages). I guess we should use the same font
as in the current banner (Quicksand), this can be installed in
www-master, but I don't know how to "serve it" to the clients that don't
have it installed.

Hopefully some other team member can give a hand on this. In the
meantime, if any team provides a custom png, I think we can include it
easily via the make.lang file of the language.

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona