On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 11:29:51 +0100,
Drew Parsons<dpars...@debian.org> wrote:

>Package: www.debian.org
>Severity: normal
>
>The Debian website has an extensive set of translations of the pages.
>But when one language is selected, that choice is not followed through
>when clicking on links.
>
>For instance clicking on the Italiano link on the home page
>(https://www.debian.org/) brings me to the italian translation of the
>home page, https://www.debian.org/index.it.html
>
>But then if I click on, say, "La nostra filosofia" (i.e. "Our
>Philosophy"), the Italian page brings me to
>https://www.debian.org/intro/philosophy, which is back to English. The
>link on the Italian home page should bring me to the Italian version
>of the Philosophy page (it does exist,
>https://www.debian.org/intro/philosophy.it.html)
>
>The problem is general with the Debian website, it affects other
>languages and other links.

What language the website is shown in is dependant on what language
your browser is setup to show. (It's a browser setting).

As you have noticed, the links at the bottom of each page does only
change to the translated version of the current page, if you then click
another link it will go back to the browser set language again.

To make the complete Debian website show in another language, change
the language setting in your browser. How this is done is described in
detail on

https://www.debian.org/intro/cn

If you for some reason don't want to change the browser language
setting, there is a way to set a cookie in the browser that also will
change the shown language. This too is described in the page I just linked.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailingli...@gusnan.se
andr...@ronnquist.net