Hi,

Paul Gevers <elb...@debian.org> wrote (Thu, 24 Aug 2023 14:10:41 +0200):
> I have just requested webmaster to switch the bookworm build from the
> master branch to the bookworm branch [1]. After that request gets merged
> and deployed, I'd like you to publish your work in the master branch
> such that we can work from there (and see the results too [2]). Because
> in your worked we stopped making notes per architecture, we probably
> need to make further changes to the webmaster archive, but let's first
> build something.

Time for a status update:
Since the new release-notes itself are now being built on www-master (based
on Sphinx), some changings were needed for the webpage (currently
www.debian.org/releases/testing/releasenotes), because we no longer have
separate release-notes for the different release-archs.

I did that yesterday, let's say as a proposal.

Previously, there was some sort of black magic (or maybe it's perl),
which automatically creates a table with all architectures, languages,
and output formats of the r-n.
Changing this mechanism to leave out the architecture part is out of my
skills, but I managed to copy (and adapt) the logic which is being used in
the debian.org/doc part of the website, to generate the list of available
languages and formats for the different manuals there.

It looks fine IMO, and it also works. However new languages are not
displayed automatically, so compared to the old mechanism there might
be some handwork needed at some point (but rare I guess).

@webmaster, @release-team, @ddp-team: what do you think? Would this
proposal be acceptable to you for the new release-notes (trixie and later)?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076