Package: xserver-xorg-video-vmware
Version: 1:13.1.0-2
Severity: wishlist
Usertags: appstream-modalias

The xserver-xorg-video-vmware package is one of the packages in the
Debian archive that should be proposed for installation when a given
hardware dongle is inserted or available.  Thanks to the appstream
system, this can now be announced in a way other tools can use and act
on.  I've written the isenkram system to ask the current user if
hardware specific packages should be installed when a new dongle is
installed or already present on a machine, and isenkram now uses
appstream as one source for hardware to package mappings.

You can read more about this on my blog,

Instructions on how to create the metadata XML file can be found in
up udev rules.

It would be great if you could add an appstream metainfo file to the
xserver-xorg-video-vmware package, with content similar to this:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

This should suggest xserver-xorg-video-vmware when DMI report that the
machine is a VMWare virtual machine.

If there are other hardware ids or kernel modules also supported by the
package, please add those too. :)

Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen