On 2018-04-06 11:59 +0300, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On 04.04.2018 20:44, Wookey wrote:
> > So, for the time being the mali driver is an old-fashioned
> > 'one-EGL-implementation-at-a-time' driver. What should it provide and
> > conflict with?
>
> You should probably just divert the conflicting libs, like fglrx/nvidia
> used to do.

OK. Could you elaborate on pros/cons of that, as opposed to conflicting?

The advantage being that mesa and anything that depends on it can stay
installed (but you can't use mesa - attempts to do so will be directed
to mali)?

Given that only one implmentation of egl can actually be working at
any one time (AIUI), why isn't conflicts/replaces/provides the right
thing to do?

It's clear that both mesa and mali could be installed at the same time
and in theory could both be used, but there is no mechanism to switch
between them is there?

Following the conventions of previous binary drivers does make some
sense of course and perhaps there are good reasons - I'd just like to
understand what they are.

It seems fro mthe changelog that fglrx stopped using dpkg-divert in 2007.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/