Le 11/08/2010 à 01:12, Julien Cristau a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 19:53:55 +0200, Alain Baeckeroot wrote:
>

> > > By the way, you should probably use radeon instead of radeonhd.
> > why ?
> > I thought radeonhd was the correct one for my r600 card
> > (ati mobility radeon HD3400)
> >
> Because radeon works better.

This is surprising to me :
- Radeon driver :
   * starts at wrong resolution 1154 x 864 (or sth) instead of 1400x900
   * GL is slow extremetuxracer at ~1 fps,
                                        glxgears 400fps (i know it is not a
good benchmark)
                                        lincity-ng with openGL too slow,
unplayable
   * hangs on vt1

- Radeonhd driver :
   * start at good resolution
   * GL is not that slow
                                        extremetuxracer at ~20fps (until it
crashes for obscure reasons)
                                        glxgears ~800fps
                                        lincity-ng with openGL playable
   * can go back and forth to vt1-6

Maybe i do something wrong.
I would be please to have better perf with radeon driver :)

Alain