On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 15:50:31 +0200 Adam Borowski wrote:
[...]
> Thus: XFCE guys, please upload to unstable and bullseye-backports!
> Thanks for your good work so far.

Can we please get an upload of xfce4-notes-plugin 1.9.0 to unstable? I'm happy to do a backport to bullseye once it migrates to bookworm.

I realize that 1.9 is a development release, but

a) having something that's a little buggy is better than having nothing,

b) if it's done relatively soon, we can shake out any potential RC bugs well in advance of the upcoming bookworm freeze (rather than having 2 debian releases in a row missing this package), and

c) despite being released back in Jan 2021, the only fix to git since then was for a text color change*. There's also a ton of translation update commits, which tells me that upstream is still doing at least some work on it. If it were a buggy unusable mess, there would probably be more fixes by now.

I've built it for myself and am currently running it on bullseye, and so far it's working fine. Please consider uploading it to sid.

Thanks,

Andres

 * https://gitlab.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-notes-plugin/-/commit/d545774d9a0eb078edced191823405f0d630549b