Dear supporter of http://petition.eurolinux.org/,

last Wednesday the Directive on Computer-Implemented
Inventions has passed the European Parliament in first reading.
That the Commission's directive had been
amended by European Parliament to reaffirm EPC Art 52 excluding
the patentability of computer programs as such is a victory for
Parliament and for the Eurolinux alliance [1] and we thank you
for supporting the petition that started all this !

Though it is a bit unusual to present a petition after the first
reading, this petition as well as the Scientists' Petition [2] are
being presented on Tue 30 Sept 2003 at 6 pm in the Petition
Committee in the European Parliament
at Brussels by Hartmut Pilch and Philippe Aigrain. Although the
presentation proper is just 5 minutes each you are welcome to
attend, please send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Benjamin Henrion), "register".

On 10 Nov, software patents are possibly on the agenda for a meeting from
government ministers from EU member states [3] and the patent
community starts reacting [4], so we now have to focus on the
council that means on the national ministries of justice.

For national stuff, you are welcome to subscribe to

and even

General stuff (eg how the council works, general planning) is
traditionally at the "Brussels" mailing list:

For more theoretical discussions, there is

http://www.aful.org/wws/info/patents

[1] http://swpat.ffii.org/neues/03/plen0924/index.en.html, a more
personal account can be found at ...
[2] http://www.upgrade-cepis.org/issues/2003/3/up4-3Petition.pdf
[3] http://theregister.co.uk/content/4/33016.html
[4] http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/legal/0,39020651,39116709,00.htm

To get removed please send me a mail via [EMAIL PROTECTED], subject
"remove".

--
Holger Blasum
Thankyou, Members of the European Parliament!

*** André ***

Vous souhaitez acquerir votre Pack ou des Services MandrakeSoft?
Rendez-vous sur "http://www.mandrakestore.com";.

Foire Aux Questions de la liste : http://mdk.mondelinux.org

Répondre à