>We've been having a few issues with those comctl32 crashes, especially
>when large mailing lists are posted to.  We've gone through the steps
>noted in the KB, as well as updating IE (which they say updates the
>comctl32), however are still having the issues.

Is it a ".DLL initialization failure" or "0xC0000142" error?  If so, you
can go to http://www.declude.com/dq.htm and find more information
there.  It's caused by a nasty combination of an undocumented Microsoft
resource, combined with the service-started processes that IMail
creates.  Declude v1.28 incorporates Declude Queue, which will help out.

>I was poking through the vir* logs today, and found several of these
>around the time of the crash today.  Any correlation?
>
>11/13/2001 13:18:28 Q71c75a6 ERROR: Virus scanner didn't finish after 60
>seconds; terminating.

That could be related.  If those are just happening around the time of the
crash, it may be that the crashes aren't causing the scanner process to
end, in which case Declude would automatically terminate them after 60
seconds (to help minimize problems).

>I just updated Declude to 1.28beta (after we saw the problems), in keeping
>up to date.

Before or after this happened?

>As a side note, with the new features in Pro, is there a way to have it
>scan mailing lists (or "users", I guess) for virii, but not send out the
>notification?

No, that is not possible at this time.  However, if the list is set up not
to accept E-mail from people who are not subscribed, it should reject mail
(it's happened a couple times on this list, but the notifications are blocked).