>Beside, I did state the attachement contain a virus, and all you need to do
>is not open it, I hope for your sake you know that, If you don't know that,
>you probably don't belong on this list.

The problem is that some viruses will load automatically under some
circumstances (such as using certain security holes in Outlook, or via
HTML).  Also, most mail clients will save the file to disk, which could
accidentally be run later.

The file you sent was in a mailbox file, so it could not be accidentally
spread, so in this case it wasn't a security concern.  However, in the
future, it's not a good idea to send the viruses.