>What is the advantage, if any, of specifying a Temporary directory for AV
>to scan files?  They're are scanned in the spool directory by default,
>aren't they?

Declude needs somewhere to temporarily store the files that need to be
scanned.  By default, Declude uses temporary directories off of the
\IMail\spool directory (IE \IMail\spool\Q1234567.vir\).

There have been requests to be able to change the directory that the files
are scanned in, for two reasons:  First, so that a RAM drive could be used
(which would likely offer better performance), and second, so that
on-access virus scanners can be more easily set up to exclude the
directories that Declude scans in (IE you could have Declude scan in
C:\AVTemp, and have a scanner exclude that directory, rather than "the
subdirectories off of \IMail\spool").