I must not understand your situation.  I have 3.11b and I don't have any
conflicts.

The only one I've seen is if the Real Time scanner were operating and
one tried to initiate another instance of it.  That gives an error as
you describe.  I installed without the Real Time scanner option to
remove it.  Otherwise you can disable it from the task bar tray icon.

I've not seen any conflicts with the On Demand scanner.  I guess you'd
just want to make certain you don't select the spool folder with the On
Demand scanner.

I don't know about the Real Time scanner settings since I don't use it.

But I think I must be misunderstanding your problem.

Terry