>BTW - I thought you couldn't have an on-access scanner running on the
>machine with Declude and the command line scanner.  To make Declude work we
>had to uninstall F-prot and reinstall it without the on-access option.

Here's the story about on-access scanners and Declude:

As you probably know, Declude works with a command line scanner.

If you run an on-access scanner, it will delete files as soon as Declude
creates them (if they contain a virus).  When Declude calls the command
line scanner, the command line scanner reports that no virus was found
(since the file was deleted, so was the virus).  That's why running an
on-access scanner can be a problem.  However, you can either set up the
on-access scanner not to scan the subdirectories off of \IMail\Spool (where
Declude processes the attachments), or you can change the "ONACCESS OFF"
line in the \IMail\Declude\virus.cfg file to "ONACCESS ON", which will tell
Declude to check to see if the file was deleted (and if so, assume a virus
was found).

The problem with F-Prot is that it can't be set up to exclude the
subdirectories off of \IMail\spool, and their on-access scanner conflicts
with Declude.  You *can* set it up using the "ONACCESS ON" setting, but
there's a chance that it will interfere.  I don't recall exactly what
happens, but essentially there's a chance that either viruses could
occasionally be delivered, or non-viruses could get caught.  I believe it's
a file locking issue.  The Windows version of F-Prot is fairly new, from
what I understand, so this may change as the program evolves.

So what can you do?  You can have F-Prot's command line scanner hooked up
to Declude, while having another product (such as McAfee) scanning the
\IMail\spool directory.