on 10/15/02 3:02 PM, R. Scott Perry wrote:

> In this case, it's more of an educational issue than a programming
> issue.

Education might happen at a corporate institution, but it isn't going to
happen at an ISP with thousands of customers.

A simple example of why education won't work at an ISP. We moved our
receptionist, billing department and the technical support staff, except for
me, to another building down the block. We e-mailed all our subscribers
twice about the move, had information about the move on our main web page,
put ads in the local paper, put ads on the local radio stations and have a
big sign on the front door of the office where I work located at eye level
letting customers know they need to go to the other office down the block.
Yesterday we had two subscribers come into our office, the wrong office, to
pay their bill. Oh yeah, we moved those employees over 18 months ago. That
means no customer has signed up for our service, received technical support
or paid a bill at this office in 18 months and yet they continue to walk
past the sign on the front door to try and pay their bills.

Later,
Greg