> That will likely be a very important factor, if we can figure out why it
> happened.
the only I have figured out is that the problem happens when the postmaster
of a particual ISP in my country returns mails to my client's domain saying
that the domain or user (send to) was not found or was not correct.

when declude/fprot scans those emails, I get the errors.

> When this happens, are there leftover \IMail\spool\*.vir directories?

there are 3 right now.. and old one from october 10.. but It is not related
to any file in the declude log. the other 2 are just brand new ones created
by declude a few minutes ago.. I would say that it is a normal behavior.

> Somehow, Windows is reporting that the \IMail\spool\*.vir directory that
> Declude wants to create already exists -- yet that's nearly impossible,
> unless there is another instance of Declude running (since the directory
> names are based on the 'almost unique' IMail spool file name, with a .vir
> extension).  But if there was another instance of Declude running, the log
> files would have duplicate entries, but they don't.
>                             -Scott

strange... next week I will call my client and sking to manually send an
email to fake user at any domain via his ISP and see what happens when the
email returns to my mail server...
since my client stopped sending massive mails to his his huge mailing list
declude.log stop reporting errors..

I will keep you posted on what I found out after testing a few things with
my client.

regards and thanks for your help.

Luis Arango

---