It turned out they were quite right - Outlook happily placed an "End"
delimiter between the HTML text of the email and a word attachment. Is this
a known bug? I've done som testing, and this appears to happen whenever I
send a HTML email with an attachment. We are using Outlook 2000 (build
9.0.0.6627).

Should I report this to Microsoft or is it not worth the trouble?

Would you mind sending an E-mail like that to [EMAIL PROTECTED], so that we can examine it? I'll let you know what we find out.