John,

Here's what I send back to the IMail / Declude Postmasters.

---------

I function as the Postmaster for domain.com domain.

An examination of our mail server logs indicates that the e-mail in question
was NOT sent from our mail server.

The [EMAIL PROTECTED] virus is a "Forging" Virus which selects the sender name from
the address book of the infected machine.  Due to this, most anti-virus
systems are set to NOT send virus notification messages to the Forged Sender
and Domain Postmaster.  If you are truly concerned, examine the headers of
the incoming e-mail to determine the IP address of the sending server and
then use a web site such as www.samspade.org or www.dnsstuff.com to
determine the actual source.  In this case it was sent from an
otherdomain.com user's infected system.

It is also a well documented fact that erroneous notifications such as yours
are putting large amount of unnecessary traffic on the internet and
compounding the problems caused by this virus.

Out recommendation is that you set your anti-virus software to not generate
sender and sending postmaster e-mail for "Forging" Viruses.  The most common
"forging" viruses are: Bugbear, Fizzer, Klez, Magistr, Sobig (all versions),
Palyh, Yaha, Lentin, Bridex, and MiMail.

Additionally, since you are using IMail with Declude, you might want to
check out the methods for doing this such as replacing the beginning content
of your otherpostmaster.eml and sender.eml file with the following or even
disabling them for the time being by renaming them:

ONLYSENDIFREMOTESENDER
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Bugbear
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Fizzer
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Klez
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Magistr
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Vulnerability
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Sobig
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Outlook 'CR' vulnerability
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Palyh
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Yaha
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Lentin
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      Bridex
SKIPIFVIRUSNAMEHAS      MiMail
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You might also subscribe to the Declude Virus forum where this has been a
major subject of discussion or check out the Forum Archives. To subscribe,
send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a body of "subscribe
Declude.Virus Firstname Lastname". You will receive an E-mail that you will
need to respond to in order to confirm your request.  The archives can be
found at http://www.mail-archive.com and the forum is declude.junkmail

This notice is sent as a courtesy so that you have the option of correcting
your virus notification configuration.

If your mail server had a better virus protection configuration, it would
have caused less work for our server and lessened the amount of unnecessary
internet traffic.

I don't know if it accomplishes anything (probably not), but I get some
satisfaction out of it.

George