> What really gets me on these bugs, is that you're supposed to disable
System
> Restore in ME/XP!!!! You would think that compressed backup data would be
> immune to this sort of thing. What's the point of having sys restore if
> everytime you MAY have a virus you need to wipe ALL the restore data?
That's
> a pain... if only you could kill the last X number of restore points, but
> save the earlier ones from before the virus hit..... stupid M$.

Not MS problem. Think about it. You make any kind of backup or archive of an
infected file, the archive or backup contains that infected file. If you
should restore that backup, you have restored the infected file.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You
www.eservicesforyou.com