Hi Scott,

I'm trying to understand the report results for one of our client's domain
names.  The name is ezrentnow.com.  We host both DNS servers (primary is
bcw4.bcwebhost.net and secondary is dns2.bcwebhost.net).  I know that the
registrar holding the name (gkg.net) has an error and lists the secondary
dns server as ns1.bossig.com (a DNS server we used a couple of years ago).
I didn't think this was a big deal because secondary name servers seldom get
used and our primary only goes down when the web farm goes down.

When I ran dnsreport.com on this name, however, it listed bcw4.bcwebhost.net
and ns1.bossig.com as the name servers from the parent (presumably because
of the mistake at gkg.net), and then ns1, ns2, and ns3.bossig.com as the
name server records at our name servers.  I don't understand where they got
this.  If you go to the primary name server (bcw4), it won't even mention
bossig.com.  And if you go to bossig.com, they shouldn't be listing one of
our domains (that relationship died almost two years ago).

So I have three questions: how is this possible?  How do I fix it? And what
would be the repurcussions if I left it alone?

Thanks,

Ben