Well, you knew it had to happen:  A password protected archive with the
virus including the password in the body of the {RANDOM} message.  E-mail
virus scanners can't scan inside password-protected files.  Now the user
gets it, and enters the password of course and promptly infects himself.


 As an ISP, it will be hard to block all ZIP files or even just
password-protected ZIP files.   We now need to be able to detect
password-protected zip files, hold them, notify the recipient, and allow
them to release the message.


Sample below without virus Bagle.F ---
-------------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 7:04 PM
Subject: Bad girl


I am from Taiwan but I study in Camden, New Jersey now. I like to know
people from different places .
 password for archive: 87326




---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]

---
This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To
unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
at http://www.mail-archive.com.

Reply via email to