Looks like there was a mistake in my virus.cfg.  I was in the process of adding a 
BANEXT ZIP when I noticed there was a SKIPEXT ZIP.  It must have been added by 
accident last week when Netsky.C first appeared, prior to the virus defs being updated.

Please excuse the noise on this list.

-Frank


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Frank Bush
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 10:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Declude.Virus] Infected messages being scanned as Virus Free


IMail 7.15 HF3
Declude 1.78
  Virus PRO
  Junkmail PRO
F-Prot 3.14b  

We use IMail as a gateway server, processing around 120,000-180,000 
messages per day. We have been catching Netsky.C with F-Prot since
last Wednesday, 02-25-2004. However, a small number of infected 
messages are getting through. See below for relevant information on one 
such case. After extracting the ZIP file from the message that got 
through and moving it back to the IMail server, I scanned it with 
F-Prot using the same command line as in virus.cfg, and it found the 
virus.

I receive several reports per day from users that they have received 
infected messages.

Has anyone else had this happen?

-Frank

---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]

---
This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To
unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
at http://www.mail-archive.com.

Reply via email to