Matt,

Thanks for following up. I tried AVG based on your earlier post about using the 16-bit 
version. There was another post stating that the 32-bit version did in fact work and 
that's why I asked Scott for clarification. It's good to see that the 32-bit version 
is viable. I plan to set it up in the morning.

Bill

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date:  Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:09:54 -0500

>I should have read the previous message closer, so point the finger at 
>me for jumping the gun totally.  The 32-bit version of avgscan.exe does 
>in fact now work (this definitely wasn't the case earlier).  The 
>switches for this should be modified when moving to the 32-bit version.  
>I'm not positive that all of this is necessary, but here's what I'm 
>using after researching what they did.
>
>SCANFILE2     C:\Progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgscan.exe /NOMEM /NOBOOT 
>/NOHIMEM /NOEXPORT /NOSELF /ARC /RT /ARCW /RTW /MACROW /REPORT=report.txt
>VIRUSCODE2    5
>VIRUSCODE2    6
>REPORT2       identified
>
>If others can agree on the best switches, this should probably be added 
>to the Declude Virus manual.
>
>Matt
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Matt wrote:
>
>> The 32-bit version of AVG won't work because it doesn't return result 
>> codes which Declude needs to take action.  I E-mailed them about a 
>> month ago asking about this and they said that they would add them, 
>> probably by the end of that month.  I've been meaning to follow up 
>> with them, but I'm sure they are quite busy due to the virus storm and 
>> encrypted zip files, trying to find a solution so I will wait a little 
>> longer.  The 16-bit command line scanner, avg.exe, is a dog in 
>> comparison to F-Prot, it's at least three times slower and it 
>> definitely take up much more processing power because it runs under 
>> the NTVDM.
>>
>> The config for AVG that was shared by Jarod should also be updated.  
>> One of the codes in there will cause Declude to treat errors as a 
>> virus.  This is how it should be for a second scanner:
>>
>> SCANFILE2     C:\Progra~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avg.exe /NOMEM /NOSELF /ARC 
>> /REPORT=report.txt
>> VIRUSCODE2    5
>> VIRUSCODE2    6
>> REPORT2       identified
>>
>> Please note that while this info may be a little obscure to find, like 
>> Markus said, there is a lot of repetition going on recently and these 
>> things have most definitely been covered recently and should be 
>> searchable in the archives.  Unless you monitor this group regularly, 
>> it is good practice to search the archives before posting a new 
>> question.  Understandably, the search function in the archives kind of 
>> sucks.
>>
>> Matt
>>
>>
>>
>> bill.maillists wrote:
>>
>>>Scott,
>>>
>>>Can you shed some light on this?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Bill
>>>
>>>---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
>>>From: "Jerod Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>Date:  Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:46:07 -0800
>>>
>>>  
>>>
>>>>I'm confused...
>>>>
>>>>I keep reading reports of the 32-bit version of AVG 7.0 don't work with
>>>>Declude.
>>>>
>>>>As far as I can tell, this just isn't true. I have been running avgscan.exe
>>>>as my second scanner for quite some time now.
>>>>
>>>>Here is my virus.cfg setup:
>>>>
>>>>SCANFILE2  C:\AVG7\avgscan.exe /NOMEM /NOSELF /ARC /REPORT=report.txt
>>>>VIRUSCODE2 2
>>>>VIRUSCODE2 6 
>>>>REPORT2    identified
>>>>
>>>>And here is a report sample:
>>>>
>>>>03/03/2004 00:04:48 Q919d01db01841df5 Scanner 1: Virus=: W32/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>>Attachment=me.scr [16] I
>>>>03/03/2004 00:04:49 Q919d01db01841df5 Scanner 2: Virus=  I-Worm/Netsky.B
>>>>Attachment=me.scr [16] I
>>>>03/03/2004 00:04:49 Q919d01db01841df5 File(s) are INFECTED [:
>>>>W32/[EMAIL PROTECTED]: 6]
>>>>03/03/2004 00:04:49 Q919d01db01841df5 Deleting file with virus
>>>>03/03/2004 00:04:49 Q919d01db01841df5 Deleting E-mail with virus!
>>>>03/03/2004 00:04:49 Q919d01db01841df5 Scanned: CONTAINS A VIRUS [MIME: 2
>>>>22067]
>>>>03/03/2004 00:04:49 Q919d01db01841df5 From: [Forged] To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>>[incoming from 4.12.125.74]
>>>>03/03/2004 00:04:49 Q919d01db01841df5 Subject: information
>>>>
>>>>I admit there were problems with the installation.  The biggest problem was
>>>>avgscan doesn't run in English by default.  You need to go into the GUI and
>>>>set English as the default language.
>>>>
>>>>I hope this helps.
>>>>-Jerod
>>>>
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>>[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of bill.maillists 
>>>>Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 6:34 AM
>>>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>>Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] (OT) Second Scanner
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>I'm running F-Prot, McAfee and as a test recently, AVG. The setup is
>>>>straight forward. Do not install the real-time scanner component. As far as
>>>>Declude is concerned, the instructions for adding a second scanner and AVG
>>>>are in the Declude manual. Since only the 16-bit version works with Declude,
>>>>it takes approximately three seconds for AVG to scan a message. That appears
>>>>to be the biggest drawback. I do not know when the 32-bit version will work
>>>>with Declude. I hope it is soon.
>>>>
>>>>Bill 
>>>>
>>>>---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
>>>>From: "Hank Townsend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>>Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>>Date:  Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:53:13 -0500
>>>>
>>>>    
>>>>
>>>>>I am thinking of adding a second virus scanner to Declude to suplement 
>>>>>F-Prot. I am looking at AVG and was wondering which version I'd have to 
>>>>>purchase. They have the AVG Professional Single Edition and the AVG 
>>>>>File Server Edition. My email server is NT Server 4.0.
>>>>>
>>>>>Also, any tips on running both F-Prot and AVG on the same box? Any 
>>>>>install tips for AVG?
>>>>>
>>>>>Thanks.
>>>>>
>>>>>Hank
>>>>>
>>>>>---
>>>>>[This E-mail has been scanned for viruses.]
>>>>>[MGT of America, Inc.]
>>>>>
>>>>>---
>>>>>[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus 
>>>>>(http://www.declude.com)]
>>>>>
>>>>>---
>>>>>This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To unsubscribe, 
>>>>>just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
>>>>>type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
>>>>>at http://www.mail-archive.com.
>>>>>
>>>>>      
>>>>>
>>>>---
>>>>[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
>>>>(http://www.declude.com)]
>>>>
>>>>---
>>>>This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To unsubscribe, just
>>>>send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
>>>>type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
>>>>at http://www.mail-archive.com.
>>>>
>>>>---
>>>>[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]
>>>>
>>>>---
>>>>This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To
>>>>unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
>>>>type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
>>>>at http://www.mail-archive.com.
>>>>
>>>>    
>>>>
>>>---
>>>[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]
>>>
>>>---
>>>This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To
>>>unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
>>>type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
>>>at http://www.mail-archive.com.
>>>
>>>
>>>  
>>>
>>
>>-- 
>>=====================================================
>>MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro.
>>http://www.mailpure.com/software/
>>=====================================================
>>
>
>-- 
>=====================================================
>MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro.
>http://www.mailpure.com/software/
>=====================================================
>
>
>
---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]

---
This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To
unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
at http://www.mail-archive.com.

Reply via email to