I also asked this question in the IMail forum but.....

could I maybe do something with the BANNAME keyword without sending the
standard reply which I do want to send for regular files I ban on extention?
As far as I know I have little flexibility (yet) in the the name of the
*.eml file which needs to be BANnotify.eml

Right now, there isn't a way that you could use BANNAME and not send out the banned file notification (unless you turned off the banned file notifications completely).

While we are on the subject, can I easily delete e-mails with a 0 byte zip
file, as they are just broken virusses anyway?

No, I am not aware of any way to do that.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.