Will someone explain what this log entry from my vir log means. Particularly the [MIME: 11 271688] part.

The client is claiming the attachment is a .doc which I do not block.

Most likely, it is using malformed headers (so it appears as both a .doc and other file extension), in which case Declude Virus will treat it as an .exe file. If you send me the D*.SMD file (off-list), I can examine it to see why it was blocked.

04/13/2004 09:08:56 Q10890f9a01084f3b Scanned: Banned file extension. [MIME: 11 271688]

This means that there were 11 MIME segments, with a total of 271,688 bytes.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.