Hi,

> > I am running F-Prot 3.15a (this was also happening with 3.15). When I
> > installed I also installed the Scheduler and Updater. Now the Scheduler
> > is running as a service and has been told to update the definitions
> > every 4 hours. This works a lot of the time but sporadically the Updater
> > ends up with an error message on the screen that "I was not able to
> > reach the Internet" and it is waiting for a click. At this point no more
> > Updates are run until you click (not good).
> > [....]

> I haven't seen that problem in my server.
>
> Occasionally I see it in my personal pc that runs f-prot, but when I
double
> check I just realize that I actually don't have an internet connection.
>
> Perhaps it is a problem with your network card that is sporadically down,
or
> your internet is not being very stable lately.

Nope, I have *seen* this problem happen on my mailserver, while I was doing
some maintenance unrelated to this problem. The server is 100% of the time
connected to the internet and was sending/receiving mail at the time.
However, right after the click I restarted the update manually and noticed
it got an update. So MAYBE.... there is a problem with the update routine
when the servers are in the process of being updated themselves and don't
accept connections, or something like it.

Hmmm I think I'll CC this to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Groetjes,

Bonno Bloksma

---
[E-mail scanned at tio.nl for viruses by Declude Virus]