Bill,
That's good information, thanks for sharing. From a practical standpoint, I would prefer to have the benefit of PRESCAN on my system, primarily because I estimate that about 1/2 to 2/3 of my CPU utilization is from virus scanning as is. It would be nice however if there was a piece of code that Declude could trip on in prescanning that would then launch a suitable virus scanner. I'm unsure if there is such a marker, or if these AV products are just simply looking at URL's like Sniffer generally does in this case. Knowing their method of detection might produce something that Declude could be coded to support (provided that Scott is willing of course).
Matt
Bill Landry wrote:
I just found that if you have "PRESCAN" set to on, you will not be able to catch these BankFraud/Phishing e-mails. However, if you set "PRESCAN" to "OFF", you can catch these if your virus scanner supports it. So far I have found that ClamAV, McAfee, and TrendMicro all support detection of these BankFraud/Phishing e-mail messages. However, F-Prot and BitDefender do not detect them yet.
Bill
--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]
--- This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list. To unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus". The archives can be found at http://www.mail-archive.com.
-- ===================================================== MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro. http://www.mailpure.com/software/ =====================================================
--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]
--- This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list. To unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus". The archives can be found at http://www.mail-archive.com.
