----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Walters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I recently added BitDefender Free Edition v7.2 as a second scanner.  This
is
> for testing purposes in anticipation of purchasing a more suitable Server
> Class version.  I attempted to search the archives for information on this
> setup, but couldn't find any.  Since I spent a little time developing the
> magic incantations, I thought I might save somebody else the trouble if
they
> ever wanted to use this inexpensive antivirus solution.

Hmmm, see:
http://www.mail-archive.com/declude.virus@declude.com/msg09896.html

> In VIRUS.CFG the following appears to work well (assuming default
> installation directories):
>
> SCANFILE2 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\BDC.Exe /Log=report.txt
> /NoClean /Noc /All /Files
> VIRUSCODE2 1
> REPORT2 Infected:

I think you are missing some important switches (/a /r /i /W /alev=5
/flev=3), and you don't need /Files with /All, since the /Files switch is
for selecting specific types of files to scan.

> Hope this helps somebody save a little time.  Maybe Computerized Horizons
> could add these settings to their list of scanners?

Don't know why they haven't added it yet, as you can see I reported a
working config back in June.

Bill