My wget script for updating F-Prot has been working just fine for a few years now, and still continues to function properly.

Bill
----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas Cohn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Declude.Virus@declude.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:13 AM
Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] f-prot update script

This update is the worst method IMO (The one referenced in the link here).
I used to update every hour and using this I would find the machine with the
updater hung on the screen timed out at least once a week.

W2K Server SP4.  What OS are you using it on where it does NOT create
issues?

I started writing a simple updater using 4NT copy /u which copies across
anonymous ftp and http links and only copies new files. Perfect but then I
read somewhere that fprot has no FTP updates available anymore so I rewrote
the one for Mcafee command line instead since I do not have the full version
installed on this machine and do not want to install the full version.

The script pulls the superdat expands it and then the daily dat.

I could not get the wget Mcafee script from the Declude links to work for
long either.  Wget got corrupted after 2 days saying it was not a valid
win32 application.  Those links on the Declude site should be removed as
that stuff does not work anymore.

4NT from Jpsoft is simply the best tool for the job anyway. That and unzip
from infozip and it is done.

DC

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Keith Johnson Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 11:21 AM To: Declude.Virus@declude.com Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] f-prot update script

Daniel,
Give this a try:

http://www.f-prot.com/support/windows/fpwin_faq/88.html

-Keith