Hello Terry,

Sunday, June 5, 2005, 8:14:04 AM, you wrote:

>> It took a reboot of both machines to fix the problem. On one I had 288
>> process running which fouls everything else up.   Clam is SCANNER2
>>
>> Any ideas?

TF>   What did the runclamscan log report if anything?  What kind of times
TF>   are you seeing in it for the actual scanning?

Nothing. Just shows the last virus that was caught right before the
problem:

06-03-2005 23:44:37 0.2030,0.141,0.062 Worm.Mytob.CK 83 D23a50548011c8e81.SMD
73391
06-04-2005 00:44:08 0.1410,0.078,0.063 Worm.Mytob.BZ 83 D319849a0009e0bb9.SMD
69975

Scan times look very low, comparable to F-Prot.

TF>   The only time I've had anything similar happen had to do with
TF>   ownership of the files and folders. It seems to me I may have had to
TF>   change the ownership of the virus folder but I don't recall now.

The very first error in the Declude virus log indicates that clam
didn't finish after 60 seconds so Declude is terminating. Then the
other errors about renaming/moving files start showing up. Plus more
timeout errors.

On a side note, during this whole process I had a Sniffer update that
"failed to copy" to my P:/ Drive. Clam is running on C:\, Spool is
running on O:\ and runclamscan/runclamd are on P:\

The two machines that this happened on are very different. One Win2k
vs. Win2k3, Imail 7.13 vs. Imail 8.15, both Declude 1.82

I can't find anything in the event or application logs that looks bad
around this time either.

--
Best regards,
 David                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]