I have a distributed application built in Delphi 5.  For a back end,
it can use either Access or SQL Server.

I am looking for a way of being able to tell that a user is logged in
from a different workstation.  

For example, if my user name is "jamiemi" and I am currently logged in
to the application on workstation A, I would like to disallow another
connection on workstation B using that same name.  

I tried having a static flag in the database; set it when logging in
and clear it when logging out.  The problem, of course, is when there
is an abend to the app; then the flag is left set and the user is
locked out.  Obviously, this is not acceptable.

Ideally, I would like to ask the database if user "jamiemi" is
currently logged in.  Unfortunately, jamiemi may not be the name that
the database itself knows him at.

This is all part of a licensing scheme.  I can control how many users
are registered to use the app; but theoretically, an entire group
could log in using the same user name.

Ideas?

TIA
jamie





-----------------------------------------------------
Home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delphi-en/
To unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delphi-en/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to