Hi there
  i suggest that you create a variable that will hold the information how
the button execute his procedure

ex.
public
  fCmdMode : integer
end;

implementation

procedure Tform1.btnSaveClick(sender:Tobject);
begin
  Case  fCmdMode of
    1: do the process here
    2: do the process here
  end;

end;

this is how you call the form1 in other form

var objForm1 : TForm1;
begin
  objForm1 := TForm1.Create(self);
  {change the value of the varaible}