Hi,
We have been developing a Paradox/BDE app for multiple users on
a LAN, and would appreciate any suggestions or code fragments to
make locking and responding to 'BDE: Locked Messages' more
friendly to our users.

We know about the Session.NetDir, but have not found a way of
finding locks on a record before a [dsEdit] is fired. The Edit
raises a 'Locked by another user' exception.  How do you trap for
an existing lock before the Table fires a lock?

We are using BDE 7, Paradox Driver & D4.02

Regards
Ian Simpson
Advantage Business Software Ltd
Box 2595 - Tauranga - NEW ZEALAND
Developers of Accounting & Contracting Software

Website:  accounts.co.nz
email:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]